Saturday, July 18, 2009

“C” Part 2 of 4

Celebrity Jeopardy - Saturday Night Live skits from the late 90’s to very early 2000’s. Will Ferrell plays the part of Alex Trabeck and various guest include Adam Sandler, Robin Williams, and Tom Hanks. By far, some of the funniest stuff I have ever seen and/or heard in my entire life.

Celine Dion - “A New Day Has Come” from the album of the same name, “God Bless America” performed shortly after 9/11, “The Christmas Song” from Superstar Christmas, “Because You Love Me” from 1997 Grammy Nominees album, and “My Heart Will Go On” and “Southampton” from the Titanic soundtrack.

Celtic Fiddle Festival - My wife owns the Rendezvous album and I quickly became hooked when she played it early on in our dating relationship. Awesome fiddle music that just makes one want to dance.

Celtic Ladies - A three-disc self-titled album that features many guests singing with these three ladies that not only have great voices, but are also gorgeous.

Chad Kroeger - “Hero” from the 2007 re-release of Silver Side Up album.

Chain suck - “I.S.O.” from H2o American Eagle Summer Sampler. Emo/Punk girl band. Not a track I would normally listen to, but what are you going to do when you shop at store and they hand you a free CD? Of course I kept it, even if there are bad tracks on it.

Chalk Farm - “The Girl is Crying” from Feel the Power sampler album. A decent song. Again, what is one to do with a free CD?

The Champs - “Tequila” from The Very Best of the Champs album. What a great party song! Many personal memories accompany this song.

Chantal Kreviazuk - “In This Life” from What If It All Means Something record. Sounds like Alanis Morrisette merged with Sheryl Crow. A great song and one-hit wonder.

The Charlie Daniels Band - Complete Road Dogs and Super Hits albums. A great band that has left us with great music to share with future generations.

Charlie Hall - I discovered this band through my brother-in-law. I have entire The Bright Sadness, On the Road to Beautiful, and Our Love is Loud albums. A fairly new contemporary Christian worship band that possess a sound distinct from other modern worship bands. Could be compared to David Crowder.

Charlie Hunter Quintet - These two songs feature Nora Jones on vocals. “Day is Done” and “More Than This” from Songs from the Analog Playground.

Charlotte Church - Complete Dream a Dream album. A Christmas album that I only enjoy during the holiday season, unlike most Christmas music that I enjoy anytime, even when its 95 degrees outside.

Chasing Furies - “Thicker” from No Lies [1999] album. Female vocal-led band that fits in the same category as Superchick and BarlowGirl if you are familiar with the Christian music girl-dominated bands.

Cheap Trick - Complete Greatest Hits album and “Mighty Wings” from the Top Gun soundtrack. This group has been covered and also have covered hits themselves such as Elvis’ “Don’t Be Cruel”.

Chely Wright - “Jezebel” from Never Love You Enough and “Single White Female” the title track from one of her other albums. Straight-up country, but not sappy.

Chemical Brothers - “My Elastic Eye”, “It Began in Africa”, and “Pioneer Skies” from Come With Us album. The Chemical Brothers spin and mix with the best DJ’s across the world.

Cher - “Believe” from the album of the same name, “Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves” from 70’s Pop Number 1’s album. Cher has been around for quite a while and it seems every decade she has a different sound. Kind of like Madonna and her looks.

Cheri Keaggy - “There is Joy in the Lord”. A great worship song.

Cherish - “Do It To It” from Unappreciated. This group could be mistaken for Destiny’s Child very easily. This song was a big hit in 2006.

Cherry Poppin’ Daddies - Complete Zoot Suit Riot album. This album put this group on the map. They were instrumental in bringing swing dancing to the forefront in the late 90’s.

Chet Baker - My wife plays trumpet, so it was only natural that she enjoy the music of fellow trumpeters. I enjoyed some of it to and added the In a Soulful Mood album to my collection. Great background music for parties or just reading in your favorite spot.

Chevelle - I’m not sure if they are Christian or not, but they are good. Heavy rock. I have the following songs from various albums “Point #1”, “Prove to You”, “Vitamin R (Leading Us Along)”, “Closure”, “Forfeit”, “Send the Pain Below”, and “The Red”.

Chicago - One of my all-time favorite classic rock bands. I have the entire Heart of Chicago, Heart of Chicago Vol. 2, and XXX albums. A few of my favorites include “Look Away”, “25 or 6 to 4” and “Hard To Say I'm Sorry/Get Away”. My parent’s ‘song’ is “Colour My World”.

Chill - “I Was Made for Loving You [Club Mix]” from Clubcutz America. A great dance track that despite the virtually unknown artist, many may recognize.

Chingy - Complete Hate It or Love It album. I don’t really care for Chingy, but the album was given to me because a friend knew that I enjoyed rap. I also have “Balla Baby” from the Powerballin’ album. Now that it is a good song.

Chipotle - Yes, the burrito restaurant. “Burrito Lady” I heard a commercial one time and this was the song from that commercial. I have no idea who recorded it, but it is very catchy and so I emailed Chipotle and they send me the track!

Chlorine - This band sounds similar to The Goo Goo Dolls. I have the entire Primer album. It’s not too bad.

Chris Brown - “Run It” and “Yo (Excuse Me Miss)” from his self-titled album. “Kiss Kiss” and “Forever” from Exclusive. A great hip-hop newcomer in the last few years.

Chris Cagle - “What a Beautiful Day” from his self-titled album. A great country love song that isn’t cheesy.

Chris LeDoux - “Cadillac Ranch” from Whatcha Gonna Do With a Cowboy? A classic country hit in my book. Original lyrics and original sound.

Chris Rice - Complete Amusing and Short Term Memories albums. Chris Rice is probably best known for his song “Cartoons” which addresses the issue of “what if cartoon characters got saved?” I love it, even though it is just one of those funny, pointless songs. Most of his other stuff is more serious.

Chris Rock - “No Sex in the Champagne Room” from his Bigger & Blacker album. A funny skit and although the title is inappropriate, he really doesn’t even talk about it. It is just the chorus. The rest of the song is just ’revelation’ of Chris. There is some vulgar language at points. He did dedicate it to the Class of ‘99, which is me.

Chris Thile - Lead singer of Nickel Creek. “Salt Creek”, “Shipwrecked”, “Panhandle Rag” from Leading Off and “Hyperdrive” and “Leaves Off” from Stealing Second.

Chris Tomlin - Entire Arriving [Enhanced], Not to Us, See the Morning and “Whisper My Name” from Eterne - Never Be the Same compilation album.

Christina Aguilera - “Ain’t No Other Man” from Back to Basics, “Comon’ Over” from the album of the same name, and “Fighter” and “Beautiful” from Stripped.

Christina Millian - “AM to PM” from self-titled album and “Dip It Low” from It’s About Time. Millian sounds like all the other female teeny pop female artists. Good songs, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment