Tuesday, May 25, 2010

More Modern Melodies

Jakob Dylan - "Everybody's Hurting" from Women + Country. Starbucks freebie.

Laura Veirs - "July Flame" which is the title track of the album. Starbucks freebie.

Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings - "Better Things" from I Learned the Hard Way. Starbucks freebie.

Third Eye Blind - Entire A Collection album.

Dashboard Confessional - Complete Swiss Army Romance album.

Better Than Ezra - Entire Before the Robots, Greatest Hits, and Friction, Baby albums.

Dixie Chicks - Complete Taking the Long Way album.

Matt Nathanson - Entire Some Mad Hope and Beneath These Fireworks album.

John Mayer - Complete Battle Studies, Room for Squares, and Inside Wants Out [EP] albums.

Various Artists - Entire Twilight soundtrack. I picked up the movie at the library and my wife was instantly hooked. She has made her way through all 4 of Stephanie Meyer's books, watched the first two movies multiple times and now has the soundtrack to the first movie. I have a feeling that the soundtrack to the second film is in the not too distant future.

Shinedown - Complete The Sound of Madness album.

Various Artists - Hurricane Relief-Come Together Now. I only have a few handful of the tracks on my iPod, because I didn't really care for some of the tracks. Dave Matthews Band, Wyclef Jean, and Kanye West made the cut along with a few others.

Billy Joel - Greatest Hits, Vol. I & II.

Mariah Carey - Entire Emancipation of Mimi album.

Train - Complete My Private Nation album. I now have the entire Train discography!

Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds - Entire Live In Las Vegas dual-disc album. Some great live recordings of dMb's newer stuff along with many of the older favs.

Sarah McLachlan - Complete Closer: The Best of Sarah McLachlan album.

Modest Mouse - Entire Everywhere and His Nasty Parlour Tricks [EP] and Sad Sappy Sucker albums.

Lady Antebellum - Complete Need You Know album. Great album; really enjoying "Our Kind of Love" - awesome track!

Rob Thomas - Entire Cradlesong album.

Fall Out Boy - Complete Folie à Deux album.

Chris Brown -Entire Graffiti album.

Various Artists - A handful of songs from Now That's What I Call Music Vol. 2!

Falling Up - Complete Fangs! album.

Matt Redman - Entire Facedown album. Love the worshipful attitute this album stirs up in my heart.

Beyonce - "Halo" from I Am...Sasha Fierce.

Adele - "Hometown Glory" from 19.

Zac Brown Band - "Chicken Fried" from The Foundation.

Death Cab for Cutie - Complete You Can Play These Songs With Chords album.

Built to Spill - Entire Keep It Like a Secret album. Found this album today and just thought I would give it a spin. If you like Modest Mouse, Death Cab for Cutie, Pavement, The Ataris, The Strokes, etc. then you will love Built to Spill. Possibly the best thing to come out of Idaho since potatoes!

Melanie Fiona - Complete The Bridge album. You may have heard her recent hit single, "You Stop My Heart" on the radio or other music outlets. Think Colbie Caillat mixed with Norah Jones and Alicia Keys.

Stay tuned, for I'm about to start blogging about my many, many playlists. If you have an idea for a playlist, please leave a comment for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment