Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Very Stately Playlist

"Sweet Home" Alabama Lynyrd Skynyrd Gold & Platinum
"There is No Arizona" Jamie O'Neal Shiver
"California Dreamin'" The Mamas & the Papas Forrest Gump [Original Soundtrack]
"Carolina in My Mind" James Taylor Greatest Hits
"Colorado" The Morrison Brothers The Morrison Brothers
"Kylie From Connecticut" Ben Folds Way To Normal
"Dakota" O.A.R. Stories of a Stranger
"Florida" Modest Mouse We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank
"Devil Went Down To Georgia" The Charlie Daniels Band Super Hits
"Blue Hawaii" Hawaiian Artists All the Best from Hawaii
"Idaho" The BoDeans Go Slow Down
"Indiana" Jon McLaughlin Indiana
"Kentucky" Edwin McCain Far From Over
"Louisiana Bayou" Dave Matthews Stand Up
"Michigan Girl" Josh Allan All the Acoustic Pop You Can Drink
"Mississippi" Train Drops of Jupiter
"New York State of Mind" Billy Joel Greatest Hits, Vol. 1
"Ohio (Come Back to Texas)" Bowling for Soup A Hangover You Don't Deserve
"Oklahoma-Texas Line" Rascal Flatts Feels Like Today
"Tennessee River" Alabama For the Record
"God Bless Texas" Little Texas Big Time
"Virginia Moon" Foo Fighters In Your Honor
"Washington Square" Counting Crows Saturday Nights & Sunday Mornings
"Song of Wyoming" John Denver Windsong

This was a great (and very creative) playlist I came up with when I was listening to "Florida" from Modest Mouse. I began to look for songs about states and came up with this list of 24. I wish I could have found more, but almost half will have to do. I also did a playlist for cities and one for foreign countries. This playlist is very diverse in genre, but probably not the most diverse I have. Let me know if there are other songs about states that you know of and I'll see if I can't find them and add them to this playlist. "Dakota" and "Carolina On My Mind" count for both the north and south versions of these states, so really I covered over half of the U.S.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment