Friday, May 29, 2009

“A” Part 1 of 4

a-ha - “Take On Me” from the album Hunting High and Low A great 80’s hit.

Aaliyah - “Try Again” from Romeo Must Die good message and good dance hit

Aaron Schust - I had never heard of this worship artist until I heard his song “My Savior, My God” on the Christian station I listen to frequently. I have both the Anything Worth Saying album and the Whispered and Shouted album, great choices if you like modern worship music (not your parents’ or grandparents’ hymns)

Aaron Tippin - “Where the Stars & the Stripes & the Eagle Fly”. When I was in my first senior year of college (yes, I did two senior years), one of my roommates and I made a patriotic mix just around 9/11 occurred. This was one of the chosen tracks. A very patriotic country song.

AC/DC - Yes, I have AC/DC right near a Christian worship artist. I possess the entire album Back in Black, and the following songs from other albums, “Hard as a Rock”, “Big Balls”, “For Those About to Rock”, “TNT”, “Touch Too Much”, “Highway to Hell”, “Money Talks” (my favorite AC/DC song), “Thunderstruck”, and “Stiff Upper Lip”.

Ace of Base - A 90’s pop/dance group from Sweden. I own two of their albums The Bridge and The Sign. One of the first CD’s I ever purchased was The Sign.

Adam Sandler - How can you not laugh at some of the stuff this guy does, whether in movies or on an album. I have an obscure track entitled “Kermit and Big Bird Get Stoned” that supposedly is performed by Sandler. I also have “The Ottawa Song” (which makes fun of the Ottawa Senators, and Sandler just happens to be from Ottawa!) and “The Chanukah Song”.

Adele - Her recent breakthrough hit “Chasing Pavements” from the album 19. Often a Starbucks will have free music cards which allow you to obtain a free song legally from iTunes, usually a lesser-known artist, an unusual collaboration between two or more artists, or a live performance track. This is one of them. Adele has had a few other hits and someone wider-spread success since “Chasing Pavements”.

Aerosmith - A band that keeps on cranking out hits decade after decade. I have the following complete albums: Big Ones, Gems, Get a Grip, Just Push Play, and Nine Lives. I also have their songs from the Armageddon soundtrack, a few tracks from their Greatest Hits album, a few from Pump, and the following single songs: “Dream On (Live)” from their Classics Live! record, “Girls of Summer” from O, Yeah! Ultimate Aerosmith Hits, and “Amazing [Orchestral Version]” from Young Lust: The Aerosmith Anthology.

AFI “Love Like Winter” from Decemberunderground. I love this track!

Akon - “Troublemaker”, Right Now (Na, na, na), “Don’t Matter”, “Lonely”, Locked Up”, and “Belly Dancer”

No comments:

Post a Comment