Sunday, May 31, 2009

“A” Part 3 of 4

Altar Boys - A student of mine introduced me to this 80’s Christian Rock band. Think Stryper toned down. I only have one album, Against the Grain. If you don’t like old-school Christian rock, then don’t bother, but if you do . . . .

Amber Pacific - albums The Possibility and the Promise and Fading Days. My brother-in-law introduced me to this band and at first I thought it was a girl lead singer, but the band name was deceiving. A progressive rock band with many fast-paced songs and a male lead singer.


American Analog Set - “Ice King” from the REIGoPlaylist.com. I was offered this free compilation online through REI, so I took it. I have heard of only 1 of the bands on it and this is not it. Interesting songs on the compilation.

American Hi-Fi - “Another Perfect Day” and “Flavor of the Week” American Hi-Fi has a Blink-182 sound and like with many other songs I enjoy, catchy lyrics.

Among Thorns - Received this album (Draw Near) as a gift from an old boss. A great contemporary modern worship band.

Amy Grant - albums: Greatest Hits, Greatest Hits 1986-2004, Heart in Motion, House of Love, and Rock of Ages. I have loved Amy’s stuff since before I even became a Christian. Her rendition of Joni Mitchell’s “Big Yellow Taxi” is awesome.

Amy Winehouse - “Rehab” Which is exactly where Winehouse probably still is. All troubles aside, a great song.

Andrea Marchant - “Autumn”, “No One Else”, and “Run”. Andrea went to the same small private college here in Colorado that I did, but she is now out in Southern Cali working on making it big and I know she will, amazing voice. If you live out in the LA area, go see one of her many shows, she will blow your socks off! Also looks like a record is in the making.

Andrew Bird - “Fitz and the Dizzyspells” from Noble Beast. Another song from Starbucks’ ’Pick of the Week’ promotion. This vocals in this song remind me of “Human” from The Killers and the whole track is similar sounding too, although with less percussion.

The Angels - “My Boyfriend’s Back” A classic from who-knows-when; probably the 50’s. If you heard it, you would recognize it.

The Animals - “House of the Rising Sun” from Absolute Animals 1964-1968 and “We Gotta Get Out of This Place” from Retrospective. I guess these were big hits when my parents were growing up, so I added them to my collection. “. . .Rising Sun” is a great hit, don’t really care for “We Gotta Get . . .”

Anna Nalick - “Breathe (2 A.M.)” from Wreck of the Day album. When I first heard this on the radio, I thought the name of the group was Ann and Alec, later I found out the true name of the performer. She kind of sounds like a cross between Michelle Branch and Vanessa Carlton.

Annie Lennox - “Walking on Broken Glass” and her songs from the movies Lord of the Rings and Serendipity.

Apples in Stereo - “(Baby It’s) So Cold” from the REIGoPlaylist.com. This is also not the band I have heard of from this compilation. Nice track though.

Apt Core - “The Way” from the Mix This: Extreme Music sampler. This track has me hooked and I always sing along with it. A great uplifting message as well.

Another Bad Creation - “Iesha” I first heard this song while in college and I thought it was so hilarious. It sounds like some kids from the neighborhood got together and sang about a girl they thought was hot named Iesha. Gotta love the synthesizer used.

Aqua - Aquarium album. “I’m a Barbie Girl”; probably their biggest hit, but the whole album is just as good.

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog, Eric. I don't know though, they're tryin' to make me go to rehab...I said no, no, no...

    ReplyDelete