Saturday, May 30, 2009

“A” Part 2 of 4

Alabama - only complete albums: American Pride, Cheap Seats, For the Record, Live, Super Hits, Volume 2, Ultimate Alabama: 20 #1 Hits, and When It All Goes South. My favorite Alabama album would have to be Cheap Seats. I remember listening to this with my mom in the summertime. One of the few musical groups we both appreciate.

Alan Jackson - three of his greatest songs ever; “Chattahoochee“, “It Must Be Love“, and “Summertime Blues”

Alana Davis - “32 Flavors” from her Blame It On Me album. This song sums up my music collection as the lyrics proclaim, “I am 32 flavors and then some”.

Alanis Morrisette - Some of my friends hate her voice, but her lyrics are catchy and sometimes creative. She is even featured on the soundtrack for The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I have the following single songs, “Uninvited” from The City of Angels soundtrack, “Still” from the Dogma soundtrack, I possess the following partial albums, Jagged Little Pill and Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie. I also have the full album of Under Rug Swept.

The Alf Clausen Orchestra - The Simpson’s theme song. As you will find out, I love TV theme songs, old and new.

Algebra Blessett - “Run and Hide”, album: Purpose. Another freebie from Starbucks. Not a big fan of this one, but it was free and its not bad enough to delete. A slower R&B track with a tap-your-toe beat.

Alice Cooper - “No More Mr. Nice Guy”, “Feed My Frankenstein”, “Poison”, “School’s Out” and the complete album Prince of Darkness. I always have wondered if Alice wrote “School’s Out” for school teachers.

Alicia Keys - “Karma”, “If I Ain’t Got You”, and “Fallin’”. Great piano player, just haven’t had any desire to purchase full albums.

Alien Ant Farm - Full album: ANThology. I first discovered AAF when looking for Michael Jackson’s “Smooth Criminal”; AAF does a sweet cover of it. I also have one song from their TRUant album; “Glow”.

Allison Krauss and Union Station - entire Lonely Runs Both Ways album. I’m not sure why, but this group appeals to the country side of me. Krauss has an amazing voice and she’s not too shabby looking either.

The All-American Rejects - complete self-titled album and Move Along album, also have their recent hit “Gives You Hell” from When the World Comes Down. These boys write some tunes that will stick in your head until you replace them with something else.

All Day Arcade - This Iowa-based band still exist as far as I know, but never made it onto the big stage. One of the members and I went to community college together. I have four songs from an unnamed album, “Kid Complain”, “Kid Complain (Semantic Overhaul)”, “Style, and “Melanoma Bright”. “Style” is my favorite; the lyrics speak for themselves, “It’s my style and I love it because I have to”.

The Allman Brothers Band - “Ramblin’ Man” and “Midnight Rider”. The Allman Brothers were big in the 70’s and I just love these two hits of theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment