Monday, June 1, 2009

“A” Part 4 of 4

Aqualung - “Brighter than Sunshine” from Still Life album. This songs makes me think of what The Beatles would have sounded like, had they been recording in the present time.

Aretha Franklin - two songs from soundtracks and “Freeway of Love” Aretha’s got soul and that’s all that matters.

Arthur Fiedler: Former Boston Pops Orchestra Conductor - Sixties Classics album. I just love the Boston Pops. I saw them live with my now wife when we were dating; it was a Christmas concert and even though we sat up near the rafters of the Pepsi Center, it was still a great show. Fiedler obviously wasn’t the conductor, but this is still a great collection of 60’s hits performed by a world-class orchestra.

Ash - “Kung Fu” Not to be confused with Carl Douglas’ “Kung-Fu Fighting”. This song is from Ash’s album 1977 which is not from that year. This is a song about Jackie Chan and it will easily play over and over again in your head.

Ash Hayward - entire Maybe Later album. Ash reigns from South Africa, but grew up in New Zealand and I had the privilege of working with Ash for a few summers in Estes Park as camp counselors. This album is an all-time favorite. His sound is distinct, yet very likable by people with many different tastes in music. He says that another album is not in the works, but “hopefully something down the line” he says.

Ashanti - “Foolish” from her self-titled album. Just a great song.

Ashlee Simpson - “Invisible” from Bittersweet World. Possibly the only Ashlee Simpson song I enjoy.

The Ataris - So Long, Astoria album. If you’re an child of the eighties you probably had an Atari or knew someone who did. Well, this band is not from the 80’s. They will probably be a one-hit wonder with their song “The Boys of Summer”.

ATB - “Ecstasy” A rave track that I heard in a club one time. No words, just wild, crazy dancing music.

ATC - “Around the World” from the album of the same name. “Just la, la, la, la, la . . . .” the lyrics go. A pop sensation a few years ago.

Audio Adrenaline - Complete albums: Bloom, Don’t Censor Me, Hit Parade, Lift, Live Bootleg, Some Kind of Zombie, Underdog, and Worldwide. AA is a staple in the Christian music scene and have been around for the past two decades with major hits. I’ll never forget the first time I heard and learned the actions to “Big House”.

Audioslave - “Like a Stone” from their self-titled album and “Doesn’t Remind Me“ from Out of Exile. Kind of sounds like Pearl Jam.

Augustana - “Boston” from All the Stars and Boulevards. How can you not like this song. I think Augustana sounds a lot like The Fray. Anyone else? Boston is also one of my favorite cities.

Au Revoir Simone - “Fallen Snow (Redux)” from the REIGoPlaylist.com. Again, not the band that I have heard of from this 'album'. I’ll let you know now that the band I have heard on this album is the Robbers on High Street; all the other artists are definitely lesser-known for the time being. Anyway, this song is very interesting.

Autumn’s Favor - Saving Time Tomorrow at the Expense of Tonight entire album. I was introduced to these guys at a Battle of the Bands at my college back in 2003. They rocked, so I bought the CD. I have not heard anything else of theirs if there is anything else. This album rocks the synthesizer like never before. It actually sounds great and this band will always be a favorite of mine.

Avril Lavigne - complete albums Let Go and Under My Skin, and “Girlfriend” from The Best Damn Thing. Avril rocks and knows how to create a unique sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment