Wednesday, June 3, 2009

“B” Part 1 of 6

B-52’s - “Roam” from Cosmic Thing. For some reason, I don’t have the song “Love Shack” from the B-52’s. Strange. Oh well, “Roam” is probably the second song that this group is known for; “Love Shack” being the first.

B.G. - “Bling Bling” from Chopper City in the Ghetto and “Hottest of the Hot” from Livin’ Legend. Two great hip hop tracks.

B2K - “Bump, Bump, Bump” from Pandemonium! The black Backstreet Boys pretty much sums it up. Catchy tune, though.

Baby Bash - “Suga Suga” from The Smokin' Nephew. I’m not sure whose nephew he is, but regardless, this is a good hip hop ballad.

Bachman-Turner Overdrive - “Takin’ Care of Business” from Bachman-Turner Overdrive II and “You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet” from Not Fragile. BTO was a big deal in the 70’s and 80’s. I’ll never forget The Simpson’s episode where BTO is playing a live show and Homer keeps shouting for them to play “Takin’ Care of Business” and when they do, he then starts shouting for them to get to the chorus. Hilarious!

Backstreet Boys - “Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)” from Backstreet’s Back, “Bye, Bye, Bye” and “The Call” from Black and Blue, and “Larger Than Life” from Millennium. I know, I know, it is the Backstreet Boys, but I told you in the intro not to judge me and that I like music, period.

Bad English - “When I See You Smile” from their self-titled album. What a great 80’s hit.

Baha Men - “Who Let the Dogs Out” from the album of the same name. This is a must-have party track.

Bananarama - “Venus” Another great 80’s hit.

The Bangels - “Eternal Flame” - Can you tell that I grew up in the 80’s?

Barcelona - Complete Absolutes album. I saw this band open for Meese here in Fort Collins. They hail from Seattle, Washington and sound similar to The Fray. They cite U2, Coldplay, and Death Cab for Cutie as its influences. A favorite band and album of mine.

Barenaked Ladies - Entire albums: Born on a Pirate Ship, Maroon, Rock Spectacle, and Stunt. Singles: “Testing 1, 2, 3” and “Postcards” from Everything to Everyone. Some of the most creative material, especially “If I Had a $1000000” and “The Old Apartment”.

BarlowGirl - Complete albums: Another Journal Entry and How Can We Be Silent. I also have the single “Never Alone” from their self-titled record. An awesome Christian chick rock band. Thought-provoking lyrics.

Barry White - “Can’t Get Enough of Your Love, Babe” A great 70’s pop #1 hit for White.

Bay City Rollers - “Saturday Night” from the Rollin’ album. The first of a handful of songs on my iPod that teach you how to spell words.

BB Mak - Entire Sooner or Later album. I actually found this CD lying in the gutter near my parent’s house when I was still in high school. It was a little scratched, but it played fine and still does.

No comments:

Post a Comment