Thursday, June 4, 2009

“B” Part 2 of 6

Beach Boys - Complete albums: Endless Summer and 20 Good Vibrations: The Greatest Hits Great traveling music.

Beastie Boys - Licensed to Ill album and the following singles: “Body Movin’”, “Ch-Check It Out” from the albums Hello Nasty and To the 5 Boroughs, respectively. The Beastie Boys know how to ‘kick it’.

The Beatles - I was infatuated with The Beatles in my younger years and I still believe that they revolutionized rock and roll music for the better. They were not afraid to try anything, and try they did, many different things try they did. I have the complete Anthology set, Love, Rubber Soul, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, Yellow Submarine, and 1.

Beavis and Butthead - These aren’t songs, but rather sound clips from their movie Beavis and Butthead Do America. “Cornholio” and Shut Up Dumba**”. They make me laugh every time I hear them.

Beck - Complete The Information album and the following singles: “Girl”, “E-Pro”, “Loser”, and “Where It’s At” from various albums.

Becki Ryan - “Alive” from the Flicka soundtrack. I know I said I wouldn't do movie soundtracks, but this is the only song I have from this movie, which I haven’t even seen. I’m not big into horse movies, but it’s a great song.

Bee Gees - All of their songs from the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack.

Beenie Man - “Dude” from Back to Basics album and “Feel It Boy” from Tropical Storm album. Beenie Man gives us dance tracks that combine hip-hop and reggae music. Sweetness.

Belinda Carlisle - “Heaven is a Place On Earth” another 80’s hit that is off da’ hook! This track is a two-disc set entitled ‘80s Gold.

Ben E. King - “Stand By Me” is a great classic from the 60’s just as ‘race music’ was crossing over barriers.

Ben Folds Five - Entire Whatever & Ever Amen album and “Air” from the Godzilla soundtrack. Ben Folds Five is probably best known for their song “Brick” which is about an abortion. This trio, led by pianist Ben Folds, keeps the tracks simple and engage the listener with stories woven into the lyrics.

Ben Glover - Another track from the Mix This: Extreme Music sampler, called “26 Letters” speaks of the 26 letters that we have to praise God and that it’s a challenge sometimes to come up with words from those 26 letters to express our love to God.

Ben Harper - “Another Lonely Day” from the Fight for Your Mind album and “Steal My Kisses” from the Burn to Shine album. Blues and folk. He often played and recorded with The Innocent Criminals, becoming Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals. Burn to Shine is from that group.

Bender - “Superfly” from H20 American Eagle Summer Sampler. Toned down industrial rock sound. This sampler is virtually impossible to find copies off. To get the album art for iTunes, I had to scan in the album cover because I could not find a picture of it anywhere on the Internet.

Benedictine Monks of Santo Domingo de Silos - Complete Chant album. I’m not sure why I even purchased this album, most likely because monks have always fascinated me. A great album to fall asleep to because it’s a bunch of very religiously devout men solemnly chanting century-old prayers mostly in Latin.

Benjamin Gate - “I Will Never Be the Same” from the Eterne - Never Be the Same compilation album and “Lay It Down” from the Set Apart 2 compilation. The Benjamin Gate is a Christian rock band and “Lay It Down” has some sort of funky guitar distortion, but it sounds awesome.

Benzino - “Rock the Party” from his Redemption album. This song is a great dance track and an essential for any party.

No comments:

Post a Comment