Friday, June 19, 2009

“B” Part 4 of 6

Billy Ray Cyrus - “Busy Man” from the Shot Full of Love album. Just about the only Billy Ray Cyrus song I enjoy, unless he has come out with recent stuff (I don’t really follow country music too much anymore). Good message about becoming overwhelmingly busy.

Billy Thorpe - “Children of the Sun” A great early 80’s hit off of his album of the same name. My dad introduce me to this song a few years ago.

Birdman - “What Happen to that Boy” from self-titled album. A good rap song.

Bittersweet - “Waking Up” from the album Drama. Another Starbucks freebie. A slow psychedelic funk track.

BJ Thomas - “Hooked on a Feeling” Most people know the version performed by Blue Suede, but it was originally recorded by BJ Thomas back in 1969 with an electric sitar.

Black Eyed Peas - “Joints and Jams” from Behind the Front, “Request Line” from Bridging the Gap, complete Elephunk and Monkey Business albums and I just purchased the new single “Boom Boom Pow” from their new album The E.N.D. The Black Eyed Peas are a mainstay on my iPod. Fergie became the first female to have four consecutive #1 hits and will.i.am has helped produce some of the best material out there with big name artists.

Black Rob - “Whoa” from Life Story album. Good rap song even though the word ‘whoa’ is repeated repeatedly over and over. Just a bunch of things that make some people go ‘whoa’; 100 mph switching lanes, etc.

Black Sabbath - “Ironman” from Paranoid album. As much as I do not like the name of this group, “Ironman” is a great track.

Black Sheep - “The Choice is Yours [Revisited]” this song if off of my Hip-Hop Gold 2-disc set. I know that this songs has sampled from for a few songs and been sampled from as in Fatboy Slim’s “Weapon of Choice”.

Blackhawk - Entire self-titled album. “Goodbye Says It All”, “Every Once in a While” and “I Sure Can Smell the Rain” are some of the great songs from this country recording.

Blackstreet - “No Diggity” from Another Level. Another great hip-hop/rap track from the early 90’s.

Blake Shelton - “Austin” from his self-titled album. A sappy, country love song.

Blessid Union of Souls - “Forever Tonight”, “I Believe”, and “Let Me Be the One” from their Home album, “Standing at the Edge of the Earth” from the Walking Off the Buzz album. A sappy dramatic soft rock/pop band.

Blind Melon - “No Rain” from their self-titled album. Way back when, I bought this album only for this song. I still don’t care for the rest of the disc. This is probably Blind Melon’s best-known song.

Blindman’s Bluff - “Semi-Charmed Life”, “Counting Blue Cars”, and “Make Me Loose Control”. I saw this Chicago-area based a cappella band at a leadership conference in college. They have since disbanded, but these three cover tracks are exceptional.

Blink-182 - What’s my age again? Oh, right, I’m a mature grown up now (most of the time). I have the complete self-titled album and Greatest Hits album. I also have the following singles: “Adam’s Song”, “All the Small Things”, and “What’s My Age Again” from Enema of the State album and “First Date” from Take Off Your Pants and Jacket album. These guys are so immature, but their music is so great!

Blondie - “Call Me” Another great 80’s hit.

Bloodhound Gang - “Bad Touch” and “Fire Water Burn” I’m sure you have all heard “Bad Touch”, you know, “do it like they do on the Discovery Channel”. A very immature and inappropriate song, but the lyrics are pretty creative. “Fire Water Burn” is well-known as well, the lyrics go like this “the roof, the roof, the roof is on fire . . .”

Blu Cantrell - “Hit ‘em Up Style (Oops!)” from her So Blu album. A great dance track. Its like a country song turned into hip-hop. She lets her man know that if he messes up, she will ‘hit ‘em up’ and he will loose everything.

Blue Man Group - “Sing Along” from The Complex album. I love this track because it features my all-time most favoritest musician . . . . . Dave Matthews. I also have the compete How To Be A Megastar Live! album. This album rocks and its very creative and original. The tracks actually give you step-by-step instructions on how to go from star to megastar. I love the track “Shirts and Hats”. They also do a sweet cover of The Who’s “Baba O’Riley”

Blue October - Entire Approaching Normal album and the following singles: “Hate Me” from Foiled and “Calling You (for Mamie)” from History for Sale album. Alternative/Punk music with depressing lyrics, although I thoroughly enjoyed their brand new album Approaching Normal. The title is fitting, because they are, as a band, approaching normal. The lyrics are less depressing then previous albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment