Friday, June 26, 2009

“B” Part 6 of 6

Before we finish the B’s, I want to also note that 67 MB of my iPod include Francis Frangipane’s teaching on The Gift of Discernment. This is something I have been working on and a friend gave me a copy. Ok, on to the last part of the B’s.

Bride - Off of the Organic Records Sampler (their very first one) is Bride with “I Live For You” and “The World I Know”. Bride is an old-school Christian heavy rock band.

Britney Spears - Again, don’t judge me and I won’t judge you. I have “Crazy” from . . .baby one more time and her complete self-titled album.

Britt Nicole - “Set the World on Fire” from WOW 2008 and WOW 2009. Although, she is on a compilation album, I want to mention Britt Nicole for two reasons, one, she is the first artist I know of to be on more than one WOW album with the same song and two, this fresh voice to the Christian music scene is amazing.

Brooks & Dunn - “My Maria” from Borderline, “Neon Moon” and “Boot Scoot Boogie” from Brand New Man, “Rock My World (Little Country Girl)” from Hard Workin’ Man, “Red Dirt Road” from the album of the same title, “Ain’t Nothing About You” and “Only in America” from Steers and Stripes. This is the kind of country that I can handle, catchy and non-sappy lyrics with a slice of rock slipped in undercover.

I inadvertently left out RPM American Eagle Outfitters Going Fast is Alive sampler. I’ll get us caught up on the artists from that album that we have passed thus far.

Amanda Ghost - “Filthy Mind (Peter Rauhofer Club Mix)” A rave-type song.

Arkarna - “Playmaker” Reminds me of something you might hear in a martini bar.

Brougham - “Main Chick” A very similar sound to Sublime or Everclear. Brougham just happens to fall right into our continuation of the B’s.

Brownstone - If You Love Me promo. I won a handful of CD’s from a radio station back in the late ‘90s and this was one of them. Brownstone was a one hit wonder with “If You Love Me” and I just happen to have 4 version of the song.

Bruce Hornsby - Complete albums: Big Swing Face, Halcyon Days, Hot House, and The Way It Is. I love Hornsby and I actually began to see him in concert, but just as he began playing “Mandolin Rain” a torrential downpour fell out of the sky. Everyone tried to wait it out, but it just wasn’t moving away quickly, so the show was cancelled. Luckily, it was a free show, so no monetary loss. Hornsby did get in a few songs.

Bruce Hornsby, Christian McBride & Jack Detonate (The Bruce Hornsby Trio) - Camp Meeting album. An instrumental album with Bruce on the piano, McBride on the upright bass, and Detonate on the drums. Great easy listening album.

Bruce Springsteen - Entire Born in the USA and Born to Run albums. “Devils and Dust” from the album of the same name and “Radio Nowhere” from Magic. He was great in the ‘70s and ‘80s, but not so much now, in my opinion.

Bryan Adams - Complete albums: Live at Slane Castle, On a Day Like Today, Reckless, Room Service, Unplugged, and 18 Till I Die. Also have “(Everything I Do) I Do It for You” from Waking Up the Neighbors. Again, just like Springsteen, Adams was great in the ‘80s and ’90s but he has lost his appeal in the 2000’s.

Bubba Sparxxx - “Ms. New Booty” from The Charm, “Ugly” from Dark Days, Bright Nights, and “Deliverance” from the album of the same name. Bubba Sparxxx has taken white hip-hop to an interesting place. Don’t get me wrong, its not a bad place, but its definitely not Eminem.

Buck-O-Nine - “Something Pretty” from H20 American Eagle Summer Sampler. A great alternative/punk song.

Buck Cherry - “Sorry” from the Fifteen album. A popular song a few years ago on top 40 lists. Buck Cherry has unique vocals and they sound great in this song.

Buggles - “Video Killed the Radio Star” from The Age of Plastic album. The very first music video in history, played on MTV in 1980. Catchy tune.

Building 429 - Complete albums: Iris to Iris, Rise, and Space in Between Us. A Christian moderate rock band. Thoughtful lyrics and a great sound overall. One of my new-found favorites.

Burlap to Cashmere - Entire Anybody Out There? and Live at the Bitter End albums. Burlap almost has their own genre so to speak. They sing positive songs and coined the acronym for the word Bible; Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth. Had the privilege of seeing Burlap live in concert in the mountains of Colorado; one of the best shows I’ve been too.

Bush - Complete Sixteen Stones album. Again, found this album in the gutter, crazy; it plays fine. Probably known best for their song “Glycerine”. Bush has an alternative sound close to that of Nirvana. Led by Gavin Rossdale who also wrote the majority of their songs.

Busta Rhymes - “Gimme Some More”, "Iz They Wildin Wit Us & Gettin Rowdy Wit Us”, and “Gonna Make Your Body Scream” from E.L.E. album, “Break Ya Neck” from Genesis album, and “I Know What You Want” from It Ain't Safe No More album. Busta is a great rapper who possess great flow.

By the Tree - “Hold You High” from Absolute Smash Hits 2, “Beautiful One” from Hold You High and “I Need You” from New Music 03. A great modern rock worship Christian band.

And that concludes the B’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment