Friday, September 11, 2009

“L” Part 1 of 3

L.A. Symphony - “Broken Tape Decks” from Mix This: Extreme Music.

La Bouche - “Sweet Dreams” from the album of the same name.

Lady Antebellum - Their self-titled album. I began listening and liking cross-over country this past spring with listening to Rascal Flatts. Lady A is another one of those hybrid country groups.

Lady Gaga - “Just Dance” from The Fame. I’m still not sure if I like her song “Poker Face”, but I do know that I love this one.

Lady Sovereign - “Those Were the Days” from Public Warning! This songs takes me back to my childhood, speaking to all the fades of the ‘80s.

Lalo Schifrin - “Mission Impossible Theme Song”.

Lambert, Hendricks, & Ross - “Everybody’s Boppin’” from Lambert, Hendricks, & Ross! I heard this song performed by the Vocal Jazz Group at CCU and thought I’d get the original recording. This song puts Scatman John to shame.

Lari Goss - Entire The Glory of Christmas. Again, a church Christmas program that I was in.

Lasgo - “Something” from Some Things. Euro dance/rave music.

Laszlo - “Butterflies” from the album of the same name. This song is so weird; there’s a man’s voice that just talks in the middle of track and he asks repeatedly this: “Who are you really and what were you before?”

Laura Branigan - “Gloria” from her Branigan album. My parents had this song on a 45 and I used to request it frequently and then proceed to dance to it. I will never ever tire of this song, ever!

Lauryn Hill - “Doo Wop (That Thing)”, “Everything is Everything”, “Superstar” and “Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You” from The Miseducation of Lauyrn Hill and “Freedom Time” from MTV Unplugged 2.0. I would venture to say that Hill was more successful as a solo artist than as a part of The Fugees.

Layla - “Gotta Find Love [7" Radio Mix]” from Clubcutz America. Interesting use of a synthesizer.

LeAnn Rimes - “Can’t Fight the Moonlight” and “I Need You” from the I Need You album and “My Baby” from 1997 Grammy Nominees.

Led Zeppelin - Entire albums: Early Days: The Best of Led Zeppelin, Vol. 1, Latter Days: The Best of Led Zeppelin, Vol. 2, Physical Graffiti, “D'yer Mak'er” and “Over the Hills and Far Away” from Houses of the Holy, “Fool in the Rain” from In Through the Out Door, “Thank You” from Led Zeppelin II, and “Going to California” from Led Zeppelin IV. “Fool in the Rain” is my favorite Zeppelin song followed by “D'yer Mak'er”.

Ledisi - “Alright” from Lost and Found. A Starbucks freebie. Its an okay R&B/Soul track.

Lee Greenwood - “Battle Hymn of the Republic” Part of my Patriotic Mix CD that I made shortly after 9/11.

Leeann Womack - “I Hope You Dance” from the album of the same name. A great slow country song.

Legacy of Sound - “Wait (For Our Love to Find Us) [Extended Version]” from Clubcutz America.

Leigh Nash - “With Every Breath” and “Precious Jesus” from City On a Hill. Nash is the lead singer of Sixpence None the Richer.

No comments:

Post a Comment