Monday, September 7, 2009

“J” Part 2 of 3

Jessie Baylin - “Was I On Your Mind” from Firesight. Starbucks freebie.

Jesus Culture - Kim Walker is a major contributor to this worship project, which is out of Bethel Chapel in California where Walker is the worship pastor there. “I Adore You” is from their We Cry Out album, which is amazing and probably one of my Top 5 worship albums ever.

Jet - “Are You Gonna Be My Girl” from Get Born.

Jewel - Complete Goodbye Alice in Wonderland and Pieces of You albums. “Standing Still” from This Way.

Jill Philips - “Hanging On” from New Music 03.

Jimi Hendrix - “All Along the Watchtower” from Electric Ladyland. A great cover of Dylan’s well-known recording.

Jimmy’s Chicken Shack - “Do Right” from Bring Your Own Stereo.

Jimmy Buffet - “Brown-eyed Girl” from Meet Me in Margaritaville. The only Buffet track I have. The only other one that I would want is “Margaritaville“. Buffet doesn’t really appeal to me, which is strange, because of my wide taste of music.

Jimmy Eat World - Top 50. A handful of tracks from Bleed American, complete Chase This Light album, “Table for Glass” and “Believe in What You Want” from Clarity, “Work” from Futures, “Softer” from Jimmy Eat World (EP) (1998), and “Seventeen” from Static Prevails. Similar sound to All-American Rejects and Good Charlotte.

Jimmy Needham - “Fence Riders” and “Lost At Sea” from his Speak album. Needham is a newcomer to the Christian music scene and his lyrics are very thought-provoking.

Jimmy Page/The Black Crowes - Complete Live at the Greek album. My brother-in-law shared this with me. Not too bad. If I need room on my iPod in the future, this will probably be one of the first groups to be ‘unchecked’.

Jo Dee Messina - “That’s the Way” and “Bring on the Rain” from Burn, “Bye Bye” from I’m Alright, and “Heads Carolina, Tails California” from her self-titled album. Another one of the few female country artist that I enjoy.

Jody Watley - “Looking For a New Love” from 80's Soul #1's and “Don't You Want Me” from '80s Dance Gold.

Joe - “Stutter” from My Name is Joe album. Hip-hop.

Joe Christmas - “Baby Shoes” from Tooth & Nail Rock Sampler Volume 1. Rock and Roll out of Athens, Georgia.

Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes - “Up Where We Belong” from '80s Gold.

Joe Cocker - “With a Little Help from My Friends” from the album of the same name. The theme song from “The Wonder Years”, one of my most favoritest of shows.

Joe Diffie - “Texas-sized Heartache” from Joe Diffie Greatest Hits and “Pickup Man” and “Third Rock from the Sun” from the album of that name. I actually bought the tape a long time ago.

Joe Walsh - “Rocky Mountain Way” from Classic Rock Gold. The only reason I have this song is because I live amongst the Rocky Mountains.

Joey Ramone - “Wonderful World” from Don't Worry About Me. A punk cover of Louis Armstrong’s hit.

John Barry - “007 Theme”.

John Butler Trio - “What You Want” from Sunrise Over Sea.

John Coltrane - “Softly As In a Morning Sunrise” from Live at the Village Vanguard: The Master Takes. A great jazz piece that I heard covered at CCU.

John Denver - “Thank God I’m a Country Boy” from Back Home Again, “Leaving On a Jet Plane” from Rhymes and Reasons, “Rocky Mountain High” from the album of the same name, and the entire Take Me Home Country Roads and Windsong albums.

John Hiatt - “Have a Little Faith in Me” from Bring the Family. This is my wife and I’s song. It took a while for me convince her.

John Legend - “Green Light” from Evolver, “Ordinary People” and “Used to Love U” from Get Lifted, and “Save Room” from Once Again.

John Lennon - “Imagine”, the title track.

John Mayer - Top 20 Entire albums: Any Given Thursday, Continuum, Heavier Things, Room for Squares, and Where The Light Is: Live In Los Angeles. Also have “Victoria” and “No Such Thing (demo)” from Inside Wants Out - EP.

John Mayer Trio - Entire Try! [Live] album.

No comments:

Post a Comment