Monday, August 31, 2009

“J” Part 1 of 3

J-Kwon - “Tipsy” from Hoop Hop.

J. Geils Band - “Centerfold” from ‘80s Gold.

Ja Rule - “Murder Reigns” from The Last Temptation, “Always on Time” and “Livin’ It Up” from Pain is Love, “Wonderful” from R.U.L.E., “Put It On Me” from Rule 3:36, and “Race Against Time” and “Let’s Ride” from Venni Vetti Vecci.

Jabali Afrika - Entire Remember the Past album. I saw these guys perform at the community college I attended. I purchased the CD right then and there. I love African drumming music.

Jack Johnson - Top 20 I have the following entire albums: Brushfire Fairytales, Curious George: Sing-A-Longs and Lullabies, In Between Dreams, On and On, and Sleep Through the Static. I also have “Walk Alone” from an unknown album.

The Jackson 5 - “I’ll Be There” from Third Album and “I Want You Back” from 70’s Pop Number 1’s.

Jadakiss - “U Make Me Wanna” from Kiss of Death.

Jagged Edge - “Where the Party At” from Jagged Little Thrill. The album title is obviously a spin off of Alanis Morrisette’s Jagged Little Pill. This is a decent hip-hop track. They never found ‘the party’, this is the only hit they ever had.

Jakob Dylan - “Something Good Comes This Way” from the album of the same name. Bob Dylan’s son and also the lead singer of The Wallflowers. This track was another Starbucks freebie and definitely one of the better ones I received.

Jamaican Steel Band - Complete Steel Band Music of the Carribbean album. I love steel drum music and this music will send one to another place, most likely a tropical island somewhere in the Carribbean (which I’ve never been to, but hope to visit someday).

James Blunt - Entire All the Lost Souls and Back to Bedlam albums.

James Hunter - “Jacqueline” from The Hard Way album. Starbucks freebie. It is a great song and it has catchy lyrics.

James Taylor - The Best of James Taylor, Greatest Hits, New Moon Shine, October Road, and Sweet Baby James. There is just something about James Taylor that I can’t stay away from. “Copperline” and “Fire and Rain” are two of my favorites.

Jamie O'Neal - “There is No Arizona” from her Shiver album. A friend of mine requested this track on a CD I made for her. It’s a decent country track.

Jamiroquai - “Space Cowboy” from Feel the Power and “Virtual Insanity” from High Times: Singles 1992-2006.

Jan Hammer - “Miami Vice Theme” from 80's Pop Number 1's. Miami Vice was one of my dad’s favorite TV show and I remember watching it with him when I was old enough.

Janet Jackson - “All For You”, “Someone to Call My Lover”, “Doesn’t Really Matter” and “Son of a Gun (I Betcha Think This Song Is About You)” all from her All For You album. This last track samples heavily from Carly Simon’s “You’re So Vain”.

Jann Arden - Complete Happy? and Living Under June albums.

Jars of Clay - “The Stone” and “This Road” from City On a Hill and the following entire albums: Drummer Boy, The Eleventh Hour, Front Yard Luge, Furthermore: From the Studio/From the Stage, Good Monsters, If I Left the Zoo, Jar of Gems, self-titled, The Long Fall Back to Earth, Much Afraid, Redemption Songs, Stringtown, The White Elephant Sessions, and Who We Are Instead. A possible Top 20, definitely Top 25.

Jason Mraz - “Wordplay” from Mr. A-Z, “Curbside Prophet” and “The Remedy (I Won’t Worry)” from Waiting for My Rocket to Come, and complete We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things album. Mraz has taken rhyming to a whole new dimension.

Jay-Z - Entire Black Album, 5 songs from The Blueprint, “’03 Bonnie and Clyde” and “Excuse Me Miss” from The Blueprint²: The Gift & the Curse, “D.O.A. (Death of Autotune)” and “I Run This Town” from The Blueprint³, “It’s a Hard Knock Life” and “Can I Get A” from Vol. 2: Hard Knock Life, “Big Pimpin’” from Vol. 3: Life and Times of S. Carter, and “Numb/Encore” from Collision Course. Collision Course is a unique album in which Jay-Z worked with Linkin Park on every single track.

Jay Sean - “Down” from All or Nothing, which is due out Oct. 13, 2009. I also have the music video for this song.

Jefferson Starship - “We Built This City” and “Sara” from Knee Deep In the Hoopla. Formerly Jefferson Airplane, this group was a big ‘80s band.

Jennifer Knapp - Entire Kansas and The Way I Am albums. Christian artist.

Jennifer Lopez (J.Lo) - “I’m Real” and “Ain’t It Funny (remix)” from J.Lo and “Hold You Down” from Rebirth.

Jeremy Camp - Complete Beyone Measure, Carried Me: The Worship Project, Live Unplugged, Restored, Speaking Louder Than Before, and Stay albums. Amazing Christian artist.

Jerry Gray - Gray rounds out the rest of the Swing Daddy album with 4 tracks.

Jesse McCartney - “Beautiful Soul” from the album of the same name, “Leavin’” from his Departure album, and “Right Where You Want Me” from the album of the same name. McCartney is a one-man boy band. Pop music.

Jessica Andrews - “Who I Am” which is the title track. Country and uplifting (a rare feat). Andrews sings to remind us of who we are, except that she fails to mention anything about who we are in Christ, which is many things. If you want to know, ask, and I’ll tell you.

Jessica Riddle - “Symphony” from Key of a Minor. Riddle is teeny pop through and through.

Jessica Simpson - Entire Irresistible album and “I Think I’m in Love” from Sweet Kisses. You have to admit that she does have a great voice. Once again, please don’t make fun of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment