Sunday, August 9, 2009

“D” Part 3 of 4

Delta Haymax - “Louise” from Tooth & Nail Rock Sampler Vol. 1. A NW teen pop trio.

Dena Carter - “How Do I Get There”, “Strawberry Wine”, and “We Danced Anyway” from Did I Shave My Legs for This. First of all, I love the name of the album, second, Dena Carter is attractive and her voice is unforgettable.

Department of Eagles - “No One Does It Like You” from In Ear Park. Another Starbucks freebie. It’s an okay track. I wouldn’t buy the complete album.

Depeche Mode - I own the entire Exciter album and then the following tracks: “It's No Good (Bass Bounce Remix)” from the Ultra album and “Enjoy the Silence” from Violator.

Derek Webb - Complete Mockingbird album. Not too many people I’ve talked to have heard of Derek Webb. He is a great worship artist who keeps it simple.

Des’ree - “You Gotta Be” from I Ain’t Movin’ album. “You gotta be bad, you gotta be bold, you gotta be wiser . . . All I know, all I know, Love will save the day“ Great lyrics.

Destiny’s Child - “No, No, No” from their self-title album, “Loose My Breath” and “Soldier” from Destiny Fulfilled, “Independent Woman - Part 1”, “Emotion”, “Bootylicious” and “Survivor” from the Survivor album, and “Jumpin’, Jumpin’”, “Say My Name”, and “Bills, Bills, Bills” from The Writing’s On the Wall. I know if already referenced Destiny’s Child a few times, but they really one of two groups I think of when people talk about African-American girl hip-hop groups; the other one being TLC. So many great tracks. Beyonce has definitely made it on her own, but I’m not so sure we can say the same for the other two/three ladies.

Detour 180 - “When You Call” from New Music 03. A contemporary Christian rock/worship song.

Dexter Freebish - “Leaving Town” from A Life of Saturdays. I love this song. Just check it out, you’ll see what I mean.

Dexys Midnight Runners - “Come on Eileen” from Too-Rye-Ey. They even chant the name of the album in this song! This song is so catchy.

Diamond Rio - “Beautiful Mess” from Completely, “Meet In the Middle” from self-titled album, “Love a Little Stronger” from the album of same name, and “You’re Gone” from Unbelievable. Diamond Rio has earned a nitch on my small list of country groups that I actually enjoy.

Diana Anaid - “Last Thing” from Beautiful Obsence. Anaid sing alongside the likes of Avril Lavigne.

Diana King - “Shy Guy” from Tougher Than Love. Jamaican pop music.

Diana Ross - “Upside Down” from '80s Gold, “I’m Coming Out” from ‘80s Soul Gold, and “Endless Love (ft. Lionel Richie)” from ‘80s Gold.

Dido - “Whiteflag” from Life for Rent and “Thank You” from No Angel. I love when Eminem and Dido collaborated for Eminem’s “Stan”. That song is sick with a “ph”.

Dierks Bentley - “What Was I Thinkin’” from his self-title album. I love the story that is intertwined with this song. I dated a girl once who had a father like the one described in the song, of course, there were no cops after us.

The Dingees - “Bulletproof” from the Propska One compilation album.

Dirty Vegas - “Days Go By” from the self-titled album. This song appeared in a commercial for some foreign sporty car back in the early 2000s.

Dishwalla - “Counting Blue Cars” from Pet Your Friends. One must be really bored to sit and count blue cars. I do disagree with the lyrics in this song that claim God to be a woman. The Bible repeatedly refers to God as the Father.

Disturbed - “The Game”, “Voices”, “Down with the Sickness”, and “Stupify” all from their The Sickness album. The last two songs are ones that I crank and just shout along with when I’m fired up about something. Good anger-management. I love the “Oooowa a a a a” in the beginning of “Down with the Sickness”.

Dixie Chicks - Entire Fly and Wide Open Spaces albums and “Landslide” from Home and “Not Ready to Make Nice” from Taking the Long Way. I love these three ladies and the songs they sing. Too bad they didn’t write the majority of their own songs.

Dixie Cups - “Iko, Iko” and “Chapel of Love” from The Very Best of the Dixie Cups: Chapel of Love. Catchy tunes from way back when.

Here is where we begin with DJs, so be patient with me.

DJ Chipman and Ray Lo - “Peanut Butter Jelly Time” from Streetmix Vol. 1. This song is hilarious. I remember back in 2003 a guy from school did a dance to this song at the male beauty pageant held at our school. He actually had peanut butter and jelly in holsters on his belt and break and a knife in a pouch in the back. It was awesome!

DJ Clue - “What the Beat” from The Professional, Pt. 2. Hip hop, not even close to music we typically associate DJs with.

DJ Dan - “Put that Record Back On (Original Mix)” from RPM American Eagle Outfitters Going Fast is Alive.

DJ Encore - “I See Right Through to You” from Intuition. This song features the mesmerizing voice of Engelina.

DJ Energy - “Believer”

DJ Funk - “Tribal I”

DJ Hydro - “Trippin’ the Trance” from his Hydro album.

DJ Jean - “Garage”

DJ Kool - “Let Me Clear My Throat” from the album of the same name.

DJ Loving Loop - “Fast Rave”

DJ Mysik - “Fur Elise (Rave Remix). A great spin (haha) on a classical piece.

DJ Quicksilver - “Free (Club Mix) from his Free album. I also have “Dreamdance”, “Techno Macht Spass”, and “Arabic Mix”.

DJ Sammy - “Heaven” from the album of the same name. I’m still trying to figure out if DJ Sammy is a male or female. There is a picture of a male on the album cover, but the vocals are definitely female.

DJ Skribble - “Ride the Trip” and “Techno Rave”

DJ Special K - “Trance” from the album entitled Special K. This is one of my favorite rave tracks.
DJ Tiesto - “Sparkles” from Magik Four: A New Adventure and “Hard Target”

DJ Voyager - “Popcorn (Remix). I have the original “Popcorn” song performed by Gershon Kingsley. I love the remix better, but the original is funky as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment