Monday, August 10, 2009

“E” Part 1 of 2

Eagle Eye Cherry - “Save Tonight”, “Indecision”, “Comatose (In the Arms of Slumber)”, and “Falling in Love Again” from the Desireless album. Complete Living in the Present Future album.

Eagles - Entire Greatest Hits (1971-1975) and Greatest Hits, Vol. 2

Eagles of Death Metal - “Now I’m a Fool” from REIGoPlaylist.com. Not even close to death metal despite the name.

Earthsuit - Complete Kaleidoscope Superior album. Christian punk rock.

East West - “She Cries” from Mix This: Extreme Music.

Eddie Money - “Two Tickets to Paradise” from Classic Rock Gold compilation. 1977 hit.

Eddy Grant - “Electric Avenue” from Killer on the Rampage album. A British reggae ‘80s hit.

Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians - “What I Am” from Shooting Rubberbands at the Stars and complete Stranger Things album.

Edwin McCain - “Rhythm of Life” from Fan-demonium and complete Far From Over and Messenger albums. The Messenger album was one of my first CDs and I still love it.

Edwin Starr - “War” from War & Peace. “War, huh, what is it good for . . .absolutely nothing!” as the lyrics go.

Eiffel 65 - Complete Europop album. Best known for “Blue (Da Ba Dee)”.

Eighteen Visions - Entire Obsession album. Fast-paced rock for the most part.

Electric Light Orchestra - “Don’t Bring Me Down” from Discovery.

Electric Rave - “Ghost in the Shell”

Elephant Man - “Jook Gal” from his Good 2 Go album. Hip Hop featuring Twista.

Eli - Featured on three different compilations, but Eli is just awesome in my opinion. He sings it like it is, no sugar-coating the gospel with him. “I Could Sing of Your Love Forever” from Eterne - Never Be the Same, “Things I Prayed For” from The Simply Xcellent $1.99 New Music Sampler, and “Live on the Edge” from No Lies [1999]. I wasn’t going to mention The Simply Xcellent $1.99 New Music Sampler until the compilations section (which I will still do), but Eli is worth the mention.

Ella Fitzgerald - Complete Cryin’ Mood album. Being married to a trumpet player rubs off on one, I guess. I’ve found a new-found love in Jazz and Big Band music.

Elliot Yamin - “Wait for You” from his self-titled album.

Elmo - “Elmo’s Song” from an episode of Family Guy, apparently. I have never watched Family Guy and don’t intent to, ever. I’ve heard horrible things about the show. This 15-second sound bit is pretty funny though. Some inappropriate language, but still hilarious.

The Elms - Complete self-titled EP and “Hey, Hey” from Set Apart 2. My mother and I danced to “Real Men Cry” at my wedding. And yes, I did cry that day. My favorite song, though, is “Lifeboat”. It speaks on our heavy reliance on the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment