Wednesday, August 19, 2009

“F” Part 3 of 3

Frankie Capp Big Band - This band contributes 4 songs to the Swing Daddy album.

Frankie Goes to Hollywood - “Relax” from ‘80s Dance Gold.

Frankie J - “Obsession (No Es Amor)” from his album entitled, The One. A slower hip-hop track that makes one want to bounce.

Franz Ferdinand - “Take Me Out” from his self-titled album and “Do You Want To” from You Could Have It So Much Better.

The Fray - Without question, on my Top 20. I saw The Fray way back in 2002 before they were known outside of the Denver music scene. Although, all of the guys are Christians, they signed a record deal with Epic Records (Sony Music) in 2004. Their lyrics do point to their Christian background. I have the following stuff from The Fray: Acoustic in Nashville: Bootleg No. 2, The Fray (including The Fray Live: iTunes Pass), How to Save a Life (including Bonus CD), Movement EP, and the Reason EP. The Fray is the biggest thing to come out of Colorado since Five Iron Frenzy, bigger than Big Head Todd & the Monsters, bigger than the String Cheese Incident.

Freak Nasty - “Da’Dip” from Controversee...That's Life...and That's the Way It Is.

Free - “All Right Now” from Classic Rock Gold. Early 70’s rock. Catchy tune.

Free Chapel Music Ministry - “Say So”, “Awesome God”, “Moving Forward”, “Is to Come” and “I Call Your Name” from the Moving Forward album. Ricardo Sanchez writes or co-writes the majority of the songs listed above. Awesome praise and worship songs.

Freedy Johnston - “Bad Reputation” from This Perfect World. Back in the “B’s” I mentioned I won some CD singles from a radio station contest. This is another one of those CD’s. I played this song when I felt that I did have a bad reputation, even though I knew I was good child and teenager.

Frickin’ A - “Jessie’s Girl” from Big Egos . . . No Ideas. Written and originally performed by Rick Springfield, Frickin’ A takes the song and gives it a modern spin and does so in a way that doesn’t change the sound that much. They took a classic ‘80s hit and tastefully made it a hit again!

Fuel - “Falls on Me” from Natural Selection and “Hemorrhage (In My Hands)” and “Bad Day” from Something Like Human. Great modern rock music.

The Fugees - “Ready or Not” from The Score. Wyclef Jean’s and Lauryn Hill’s careers began with the Fugees and this is one of their better known songs.

Fun Factory - “I Wanna B With U” from Fun-Tastic. Another group that sounds like Ace of Base or Culture Beat.

Further Seems Forever - “Monachetti” from The Moon is Down. I have no idea where I got this track from. Now that I listen to it again, I’m not even sure I like it. I’ll give it time and see if I can enjoy it again. Its not horrible, just not sure what the reasoning behind obtaining it was.

Furthermore - “Daydream” from Cheapskates: Softer Side. I think they are trying to imitate the McDonald’s commercials with their ‘ba baba ba ba” They have a soft dance/pop sound and they were signed with Tooth & Nail records, I’m not sure if they are still around.

No comments:

Post a Comment