Saturday, August 1, 2009

“D” Part 1 of 4

D12 - “My Band” from D12 World and “Purple Pills” from Devil’s Night. Eminem’s side project.

The D4 - “Get Loose” from ESPN Presents Stadium Anthems: Music For The Fans. I’ll mention some tracks from this album, but many of them are repeats such as Queen’s “We Will Rock You” and other tracks. I’ll plug in the lesser known ones and then I’ll touch on compilations not mentioned at the end of this project.

DaBrat - “In Love Wit Chu” from Limelite, Luv & Niteclubz. Similar sound to Missy Elliot.

Daft Punk - “One More Time” from the Discovery album. A dance track that I can never get enough of.

Damien Jurado - “Frustrated” from the Tooth & Nail Rock Sampler Volume 1. This track sounds like it was recorded in my garage. It is taken from Jurado’s 7” EP Vary. The liner notes state: “You never know what to expect from Damien. Original punk straight out of Rainier Valley.”

Damn Yankees - “High Enough” from Power Ballads Gold. Awesome track!

Daniel Bedingfield - Entire We Gotta Get Thru This album. Natasha’s older brother is just as talented as his sister. This album is smokin’ hot. Pop/dance with heavy beats on many of the songs.

Daniel Powter - “Bad Day” from his self-titled album. I try not to listen to this track too much because it brings me down and those you who know me, know that I tend to be a pretty positive person. But everyone has bad days and this song sometimes just deserves repeated playtime on the iPod.

Danielson Family - “Smooth Death” from Tooth & Nail Rock Sampler Volume 1. I’m lost on how to describe this track. Let’s just say it’s different from most of the music. It is strikingly similar to Bob Dylan’s “Rainy Day Women #12 & 35”.

Danity Kane - “Bad Girl” and “Damaged” from Welcome to the Dollhouse album. Pop group similar to Destiny’s Child, TLC, etc, etc.

Darrell Evans - Complete Freedom album. Received this album as a gift and it was one of the best worship albums I’ve ever owned. Darrell is also sprinkled throughout my collection on various worship albums and other compilations.

Darryl Worley - “Have You Forgotten?” from the album of the same name. This song reminds us of 9/11 and how we should never forget what those awful terrorists did to us and that we should continue fighting them until they are eradicated.

Darude - “Sandstorm” from Before the Storm album. A rave track that was actually popular in mainstream music, not just clubs and the underground scene.

Daryle Singletary - “Too Much Fun” from his self-title album. A great country song claiming that no one can have too much fun.

Dashboard Confessional - Complete The Drowning EP, entire Dusk & Summer album, “Hands Down” from A Mark, a Mission, a Brand, a Scar, “Remember to Breathe“, “So Impossible“, and “For You to Notice” from MTV Unplugged 2.0, the majority of tracks from The Places You Have Come to Fear the Most, entire The Shade of Poison Trees album, and most of the tracks from The Swiss Army Romance. Dashboard Confessional is also in my Top 20.

Daughtry - Complete self-titled album. One of the very few American Idol contestants that have ‘made it big’. At least 5 tracks receive(d) regular radio play.

Dave Clark - Not really a musician, but he, along with Mark Harris created Night of Alleluias, a church Christmas program that I happened to be an actor in.
 
This is the point where I become very excited, because I have finally arrived at my all-time most favorite band in the entire world and in my entire history as a human being. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you . . . . .
the Dave Matthews Band (dMb). I’m going to break this apart into two sections, Dave Matthew’s albums that do not include the band, but may include guest artists (most notably Tim Reynolds) and albums bearing the Dave Matthews Band name. Needless to say, I have all albums except for the majority of the LiveTrax, which I’m so desperately desiring. When all is said and done, I have 393 tracks total in these two categories.

Dave Matthews - Live at Luther College, Live at Radio City, Some Devil (including Bonus Disc), and Stand Up (including Stand Up Companion disc).

Dave Matthews Band - Before These Crowded Streets, The Best of What’s Around (Vol.1), Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King, Busted Stuff, The Central Park Concert, Crash, LiveTrax Vol. 6 (Live at Fenway Park, Boston, MA July 7-8, 2006), Everyday, The Gorge, The Lillywhite Sessions, Listener Supported, Live at Folsom Field (Boulder, CO), Live at Piedmont Park, Live at Red Rocks 8.15.95, Live in Chicago 12-19-98 at the United Center, Recently - EP, Remember Two Things, Under the Table and Dreaming and Weekend on the Rocks. I also have two tracks that Dave has performed live that are on LiveTrax albums I do not have “Doobie Thing” and “Solsbury Hill”. I can never get enough of dMb, ever. DMb is the only band to have their very own playlist on my iPod and its 22 of my favorite study recordings. I could make another one of favorite live performances, such as their 13 minute rendition of “All Along the Watchtower” during the Central Park Concert.

I’m going to end part 1 here, only because dMb deserves to be at the end of a entry, not stuck somewhere in the middle of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment