Saturday, August 15, 2009

“F” Part 1 of 3

Fabulous - “You Can’t Deny It” and “Young’n” from Ghetto Fabulous, “Can’t Let You Go” from Street Dreams, and “It’s My Time” from Loso’s Way. Fabulous isn’t that fabulous. Decent rap.

Faith Evans - “Love Like This” from Keep the Faith. Hip-hop/R&B.

Faith Hill - “The Way You Love Me” from Breathe. Faith Hill is one of the very few female country artists that I enjoy. It’s sad this is the only track I have besides her singing our National Anthem as part of a 9/11 tribute.

Falco - “Rock Me Amadeus” from Falco 3. A one-hit wonder according to many sources including VH1 and MTV.

Fall Out Boy - “Beat It (ft. John Mayer) from Live in Phoenix, “America’s Suitehearts” from Folie A Deux, “A Little Less Sixteen Candles, a Little More Touch Me”, “Dance, Dance” and “Sugar We’re Goin’ Down” from From Under the Cork Tree, and the entire Infinity on High album. I absolutely love Fall Out Boy and if I don’t run out of room on my Top 20 by the end of this project, they may very well earn a spot on the list. Definitely in the Top 50.

Fallenshort - Entire Freedom album. A few of the guys graduated from the same small private Christian college I did. I saw them at a Battle of the Bands competition on campus and was very impressed. They didn’t win, buy they should of. There is this sweet track called “Piano Intro” and it transition seamlessly into the following track “Missing You”. It is so sick!

Falling Up - Entire Captiva, Crashing, Dawn Escapes, Discover the Trees Again: The Best of Falling Up, and Exit Lights. Where the heck did these guys come from? Between 2004 and 2008, they released all of the above albums! Its like they had all these songs written, signed a recording contract, and cranked out album after album! Crazy!

Fanmail - “Shirley MacLaine” from Cheapskates: Softer Side. A strange track that is actually about Shirley MacLaine.

Fastball - “Out of My Head” from All the Pain Money Can Buy and “You’re an Ocean” from The Harsh Light of Day.

Fat Joe - “Get it Poppin’” from All or Nothing and “What’s Luv” and “We Thuggin’” from Jealous Ones Still Envy (J.O.S.E.). Decent hip-hop.

Fatboy Slim - “Because We Can” from ESPN Presents Stadium Anthems: Music For The Fans, “Weapon of Choice” from Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars, and “The Rockerfella Skank” from You've Come a Long Way, Baby.

Fear Factory - “Cars” from their Obsolete album.

Feist - Entire The Remainder album. Best know for “1 2 3 4”.

Fergie - “Glamorous” from The Dutchess. This song is part of my ‘Spelling’ playlist; songs that teach (or remind) the listener how to spell. She is also featured on the Shrek the Third soundtrack, which I’ll touch more on at the conclusion of this project.

You know, I’ve said that a few times lately, “at the end/conclusion of this project”. I know it seems a long way off, but it will come someday. My hope is that some radio station or record label will find this and see that this still fairly young man knows a lot about music and will want him to come work for them. That’s just a dream and it may never come true. But I do know my stuff when it comes to modern music.

Ferry Corsten - “Dance Valley Theme 2001” from Live at Dance Valley 2001.

FFH - “Where You Are” and “Merciful Rain” from City On a Hill and “You Found Me” from Ready to Fly. FFH is also on more than a handful of WOW albums.

Field Mob - “Sick of Being Lonely” from From tha Roota to tha Toota album. Sweet hip-hop track.

Filter - “Hey Man, Nice Shot” from their Short Bus album.

Final Fantasy - “I Close My Eyes” from Gary D Presents D-Trance 9.

Fine Young Cannibals - “She Drives Me Crazy” from The Raw & the Cooked and “Good Thing” from ‘80s Gold.

Finger Eleven - “One Thing” from their self-titled album and “Paralyzer” from Them vs. Me vs. You.

Fiona Apple - Complete When The Pawn... album. “Fast As You Can” is one of my favorite tracks. I do like the name Fiona and may consider it for the name of my future daughter (if we have one).

Fireflight - Entire Unbreakable album. The title track is a big hit on Christian radio currently. This band rocks it hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment