Thursday, September 24, 2009

“N” Part 1 of 2

N’Sync - “Girlfriend” from Celebrity. Features Nelly.

N.E.R.D. - “Rock Star” from ESPN Presents Stadium Anthems: Music For The Fans.

N.O.R.E. - “Oye Mi Canto” from N.O.R.E. y la Familia...Ya Tú Sabe.

Nakatomi - “Children of the Night” from the album bearing the same name. Rave/Trance/Dance.

Nameless - Complete The Other Side of Forever. I heard this at a chapel service at the private Christian school that I used to work at. I emailed one of the worship leaders about it and it turned out that he actually wrote the song that he was performing. Nate Rees is the lead singer/songwriter for Nameless and Rees currently leads worship at a church in the Denver metro area. In case you are wondering, the song I initially inquired about is called “Uncontrollably”. It is awesome and Rees’ vocals are on the level of Jeremy Camp, Matthew West, and David Crowder.

Nappy Roots - “Awnaw” from Watermelon, Chicken, & Gritz.

Nas - “If I Ruled the World” from Feel the Power sampler, “I Can” from God’s Son, and “Hate Me Now” from I Am . . .

Natalie - “Goin’ Crazy” from her self-titled album. Pop.

Natalie Imbruglia - Complete Left of the Middle album. Best known for her song “Torn” which is featured on this album.

Natasha Bedingfield - “Love Like This” from Pocketful of Sunshine and “Wild Horses”, “These Words”, and “Unwritten” from her Unwritten album. Sister to Daniel Bedingfield, both are equally great, but I would venture to say that Natasha has become better-known than her brother.

The National - Entire albums: Alligator, Boxer, Cherry Tree, self-titled, and Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers. Country infused rock.

Naughty by Nature - “O.P.P.” from their self-titled album and “Hip Hop Hooray” from 19 Naughty III.

Nazareth - “Love Hurts” from Power Ballads Gold.

NCIS - Theme song from the TV show.

Ne-Yo - “So Sick” from In My Own Words and “Closer” and “Miss Independent” from Year of the Gentleman.

Nellie McKay - “Sari”, “Change the World”, “Inner Peace”, and “Work Song” from her Get Away From Me. I saw this album and decided to check it out. Boy, was I in for a surprise. She raps! Not like those hip-hop girl groups, no, like Eminem rap. And she’s not afraid to tell it like it is. The rest of the stuff on the album is not as fun to listen to; covers of old songs, slow ballads, etc. I found these 4 songs worthy of iPod placement.

Nelly - 5 tracks from Country Grammar, “Errtime” from The Longest Yard soundtrack, 5 tracks from Nellyville, “Over and Over”, “My Place”, and “N Dey Say” from Suit, and the entire Sweat album.

Nelly Furtado - “Try” and “Powerless (Say What You Want)” from Folklore, “Turn Off the Lights” from Whoa! Nelly, and the entire Loose album.

Nena - “99 Red Balloons” from 99 Luftballons.

New Found Glory - “Tangled Up” from Not Without a Fight album.

New Kids on the Block - “Summertime” from The Block. I wish I had the equipment to turn cassette tapes into CD’s or mp3s. I used to have a few NKOTB tapes, I think they’re still at my parent’s house. Their supposed ‘comeback’ didn’t take off like I thought it would.

New Order - “60 Miles an Hour” from American Eagle’s Get Together sampler.

No comments:

Post a Comment