Wednesday, September 16, 2009

“M” Part 3 of 4

Mega Dance - “Atomic Techno”.

Melanie - “Where the Columbines Grow” from Melanie's Melodies of the Rockies. The only reason I have this track is because it is one of Colorado’s state songs and I taught Colorado History at the 4th grade level the past three years. Its opera-sounding, horrible, but, nice to have to demonstrate out state song to kids.

Melissa Etheridge - Complete Yes I Am album. Possibly her greatest album ever. I may attend a free show of her’s here in a few weeks in town for a festival.

Melody Gardot - “Who Will Comfort Me” from My One and Only Thrill. A Starbucks freebie. Has a jazzy feel to it.

Men at Work - “Down Under” from Business as Usual. “He just smiled and gave me a bite of his vegemite sandwich?” Vegemite is a savory yeast extract that is eaten as a spread, yuck, no thanks! Also have “Who Can It Be Now” from Now That's What I Call The 80s.

Men Without Hats - “Safety Dance” from '80s Dance Gold.

MercyMe - Complete albums: All That Is Within Me, Almost There, Traces of Rain Volume II, Undone, and 10. Best known for their original song “I Can Only Imagine”. It has been covered by many bands, but MercyMe wrote and performed the song first.

Meredith Brooks - “Bitch” and “Down By the River” from Blurring the Edges.

Metallica - Complete albums: ...And Justice for All, Garage, Inc., Load, Master of Puppets, self-titled, Reload, Ride the Lightening, S&M, and St. Anger.

Method Man - “How High” from Blackout!

Metro Station - “Shake It” from their self-titled album. This song was very popular last summer (2008).

MG! The Visionary - “Ruckus Bringa [Rough Mix]” from Cheapskates: Softer Side. Christian rap, not hip-hop, rap.

Michael Bolton - Entire albums: All That Matters, Time, Love, & Tenderness, and Timeless (The Classics) Vol. 2. Please don’t make fun of me. Bolton is one of my mom’s favorites, so I grew up listening to him. Not too bad, although he is, at times, a hopeless romantic. Some of his songs loose touch with what is reality.

Michael Damon - “Saved By the Bell” theme song. One of the best TV shows when I was growing up. When my brother and I watched TV back then, it was either Saved By the Bell or ESPN Sports Center.

Michael Jackson - “Man In the Mirror”, “The Way You Make Me Feel”, and “Smooth Criminal” from Bad, “Black or White” from Dangerous, “You Are Not Alone” from HIStory: Past, Present, Future, “You Rock My World” from Invincible!, and “Thriller”, “Billie Jean”, and “Beat It” from Thriller. RIP MJ.

Michael Peterson - “Drink, Swear, Steal, & Lie” from his self-titled album. A spin on a quote from which goes like this: “Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away.” This version is from the movie Hitch, but this song came out before the movie did. I’m not sure who said the original quote.

Michael Sembello - “Maniac” from the Flashdance soundtrack.

Michael W. Smith - Entire albums: Acoustic Set: A Live Recording, The Big Picture, Change Your World, The First Decade: 1983-1993, Freedom, Go West Young Man, Healing Rain, I’ll Lead You Home, I 2 Eye, Live the Life, Michael W. Smith Project, A New Hallelujah, The Second Decade: 1993-2003, Stand, This is Your Time, Worship, and Worship Again. I’m debating whether to put MWS in my Top 20. He may make it in the end. His stuff from the ‘90s and early 2000s is probably his best work, in my opinion. He has made it onto every WOW set except for 2005.

Michelle Branch - “Breathe” from Hotel Paper and “All You Wanted”, “Everywhere”, and “Goodbye to You” from The Spirit Room. An amazing pianist and vocalist.

Michelle Gayle - “Lookin' Up [West End Mix]” from Clubcutz America.

Midnight Oil - Complete Blue Sky Mining album. Best known for their song; “How can we dance when our Earth is turning, how do we sleep when our beds are burning?”

Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Entire Let’s Face It and Pay Attention albums. Best know for “The Impression That I Get” off of the former album.

Mike Doughty - Entire Golden Delicious album and “Looking at the World from the Bottom of a Well” from his Haughty Melodic album. This song is great as is “27 Jennifers” from Golden Delicious.

Miles Davis - Complete Milestones album. I had to marry a jazz musician, didn’t I?

No comments:

Post a Comment